Saturday, February 2, 2013

Seaside Satisfaction!

Do you ever wish you could live off of the coast of an island? Being a native of Ohio, I am deprived of this beautiful oceanic scenery- I mean we have Lake Erie but I would not necessarily call that a beach, or sanitary for that matter. YUCK!

Since I do not have the luxury of stepping out to a beach in my back yard, why not bring a piece of the ocean home to me? "How do you do this exactly?" one might ask. The answer is quite simple, introduce a piece of the ocean to your home that you can get from any grocery store in ANY state, seafood! I apologize if I just killed your dreams of transforming the living room into a beach, but hey, my advice remains solely for dinner table adventures!

I.....L-O-V-E seafood. I am not picky when it comes to selecting seafood, scallops, shrimp, tilapia, lobster, crab- I could go on for days, seriously. But one of my absolute favorites is salmon, because not only does it taste fabulous with any rice & veggie dish you can imagine, but it also contains a significant source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which provide numerous beneficial perks for all over your body! For example, they can help reduce cholesterol and blood pressure, strengthen arteries, prevent loss of eyesight, improves both memory and skin texture, and much much more!

The thicker the cut of salmon, the BETTER it is for you. Yeah so, "Go Big or GO HOME."

Here is the dish I prepared (another classic improv creation of my own):

      

                                                              One word: YUM.

                                        
                                           I loved it so much I took another picture :)



Notice I added a side of sauteed asparagus, red onion, and wild grain rice to compliment this meaty delight. And of course, I added my fair share of garlic powder, dill, pepper, minced onion, Parmesan cheese, rosemary, and Italian seasoning to the sides and salmon as well for an extra explosion of flavor! Just brush the salmon with 1/2-1 tablespoon of olive oil and add a dash (or a pile, whatever your taste buds can handle) of spices to the top before you throw it in the oven, which should be preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Quick Tip: If you let the salmon defrost entirely, the quicker it will cook in the oven. This should be common sense but it is tough to wait around while you are starving! So to avoid this altogether, let the salmon sit out on an open plate and cover with saran wrap, and allow it to sit out for about 2 hours before you begin splashing it with seasonings.

There you have it, a Midwesterner's dream dish fresh from the Pacific Ocean :)

Hope you enjoy!!!!



3 comments:

  1. This is so cool Cheyenne! And delicious looking-- I love salmon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..awkward-- this is Hannah Hartzell by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Hannah, hey!:) Aw thank you!:) I just checked out your blog, I absolutely love it! I especially love the design of your page- the background pics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete