Wednesday, March 6, 2013

To be or not To be. Healthy Reeses Cups!!

Ah how I love snow days :) It was almost a blessing from the skies that we got the day off, because it gave me the wonderful opportunity to cram in a little extra study time for my AP Biology test this  Friday! Perfect right?? Yes. But, that is not what ended up happening. Fail. Also, it is my soon-to-be roommate's birthday this Friday and with this test on the same day, I will have no time to make her something special the night prior to her celebratory day! WHAT SHOULD A FRIEND DO IN A TIME LIKE THIS?!?! Bake.....like DUH! My inner-chef was calling me, so I hopped on Pinterest and found this awesome recipe. Despite the early hour, I could not resist from driving up to Kroger (okay well, my dad drove- the roads were not quite clear at 9:00am) to get the one ingredient that I lacked for this, again, I repeat, awesome recipe.


                                  BEHOLD, THE ALMIGHTY (healthy) REESES CUP!!!!

Yes, you read correctly ladies and gentlemen, HEALTHY Reeses Cups!

How could you make such a delectable treat healthy?!?! The answer is quite simple. SUBSTITUTE THE INGREDIENTS!

Ingredients:
-Organic Dark Chocolate Chips
-Pumpkin Puree (Canned)
-Almond Butter (or any nut butter)
-Cinnamon


The Result:

Ultra-Yumminess :)





The inspiration for this dish came from a brilliant blogger named Katie, who is known for her nutritious healthy desserts! Check out her blog, ChocolateCoveredKatie.com !:)

These treats are SO easy to make too! First, melt 1/2 cup of choco chips in microwave (45 seconds should be sufficient). Next distribute this chocolate evenly throughout ten cupcake liners (thin layer) and pop in the freezer for 8-10 minutes. While they are in the freezer, mix 4 tablespoons of pumpkin with 3-4 tablespoons of almond butter, or any nut butter of your choice, and add 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon! Take your little choco cups out of the freezer and pour in your pumpkin/nut butter mix (about 1 tablespoon for each cup). Next melt another 1/2 cup of choco chips in microwave and pour a thin coating on top of each cup. Once the pumpkin is no longer visible, pop them back into the freezer for 20 minutes.


Ta-Da!!!!

Next, just pop 'em out and place them on a plate...or directly into your mouth :) They are irresistible.

For my friend Savannah, I added a bit of decoration:


Okay so I am not exactly what you call an artist, but hey the taste is all that truly matters with these bad boys.

Try them out for yourself....you do not know what you are missing. Seriously!!

Enjoy!




 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment