It is Monday evening and you had an incredibly stressful day at work, or maybe you had a super hard workout-regardless of the situation- you are too tired to make anything special.
Let's face it, NO ONE has time to make a five-star gourmet meal every single night, it is not realistic!! But that doesn't mean you cannot make a healthy dish. Yes, for all of you "Hamburger Helper" fans, PUT THE BOX DOWN NOW...you would be better off eating bark, seriously.
Anyways, you are exhausted and hungry from the long day (Mondays truly are the worst). Well no worries my little busy bees, because I have just the solution for your cravings and will spike up your energy level once more before the night ends!
I call it.....my Improv' Salad Ala Chicken.
Okay, so I just made that name up in ten seconds but it sure sounded fancy, right? ;)
Any who, it is incredibly easy to make and it only takes about ten minutes!!
Here is a picture of my masterpiece:
This meal is so simple yet is packed with a sensational flavor that will leave you licking the bowl when you are done!!
Here are the ingredients I used:
- 3 leaves of Red Romaine
- 1 stock of Celery
- 1/2 cup of Fresh Pineapple
- 2 tablespoons of Croutons
- 1/4 cup of Diced Red Pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Avocado
- 1/2 cup of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 ounces of Natural Sauteed Chicken (you may season this however you please, I prefer to saute the chicken in strips because it cooks faster that way). I like to saute the chicken strips in water, because it is a healthier alternative to cooking spray or vegetable oil. Sprinkle some garlic, minced onion, pepper, and a dash of sea salt and walla! Bon Appetit! :)
Pair this meal with 1 cup of Silk Dark Chocolate Pure Almond Milk for an extra boost of protein and calcium!
There you have it folks! A quick-fix meal that you can make even when your energy levels are depleted. Nothing feels better than ending a long day with a satisfying meal. Also, chicken and avocado are known for their ability to put you in a good mood! Who doesn't want to feel happy? :)
I encourage you to try this quick meal out for yourself, it is so delicious and quite filling!
Tip of the Week: Eat slow so you can savor your meal for a longer amount of time.